Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 70 - March 11, 2010



It's amazing the things you can do with a computer these days. I remember growing up when my mom got to bring home a computer from work. It was exciting to me to just change the colors and themes in Windows. I had it set up once with bright red, yellow and blue. It was rather clownish - but fun! I remember when we first got the internet - one of those "10 hours FREE" cds from AOL. By the time a single webpage loaded, your 10 hours was half gone! I thought it was the coolest thing to see the yahoo.com logo load on the screen. How far we've come since those dark ages of the computer. Now you can listen to a music station that you've just created, catch up with friends from high school, post your pictures in real time, doctor up photos you took 10 minutes ago, play games, and chat with your cousins overseas. And to think I was excited about changing the theme on my mom's computer! We've come a long way...

Until Tomorrow,

Athina

1 comment:

  1. Yup, personal computers have changed everything. My first computer had a audio cassette player for memory. There were't hard drives then...
    And then, along came the internet!

    ReplyDelete