Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 102 - April 12, 2010



A couple of days ago, I was faced with a daunting decision - buy a bunch of freshly picked basil, or buy a potted basil plant. Those who know me know that I can't keep any plant alive, no matter how "unkillable" it may be. I knew that I wouldn't ever finish the giant bunch of basil before it went bad, so I made the choice to buy a potted basil plant. Well, so far, I've had it for four days, and it's still going strong! If I can keep this plant alive, hopefully it will open the door to more potted herbs - because that would just be so much better for cooking than the dried stuff! I can just picture being able to use fresh rosemary, thyme, chives, sage, basil and parsley - yummy! So hope and pray that this little basil plant makes it! I'm sure gonna try!

Until Tomorrow,

Athina

1 comment: