Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 54 - February 23, 2010



After running a few errands and getting some coffee with Amy and Heather, I went to the park and ride lot to wait for Eric's bus to arrive. It was just about dark, with just a hint of light left in the sky - and while I was waiting and looking out the window, I said "I wonder what those street lights would look like through the raindrops on the glass and kind of blurry. Well out comes the trusty Nikon D90 and a few shots later, this is the final product. The effect is called bokeh - when light objects that are out of focus turn into circles like you see here. There's actually a way where you can make the bokeh different shapes, but I didn't have any construction paper with me! Anyways, the neat part is that you can see a bunch of little rainbows as well! It's amazing what can happen when you take a picture outside the box! Don't be afraid to try new things - especially in the world of digital, where if it comes out bad, you can just delete it!

Until Tomorrow,

Athina

2 comments:

  1. I went on a ghost tour once and we could only "see" ghosts if we took pictures on the tour. Well that's what ghosts look like....

    ReplyDelete