Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7 - January 7, 2010



Every year for the holidays, Eric received one caroler from his grandmother. And later, when I became part of his family, I too started receiving a caroler as a Christmas gift each year from Muddy. We both continued to receive one until her death in 2008. It has been a while since we even decorated for Christmas, but this year we did, and the carolers were set up in our living room. I was amazed at how many we had! Knowing that Christmas held some sad memories over the past few years (The lost of my grandfather in December of 2004, the loss of Muddy in January of 2008 and the loss of Staley in December of 2008) the fact that we actually put up or holiday decorations this year helped make it a little less painful. I know they are all here with us even though we can't see them. I hope as I come to the holiday season each year that the pain of loss fades, and the wonderful memories they left behind fill me with hope and joy, so Christmas can be wonderful and happy again :) Soon, we'll have to box everything up, but I am looking forward to putting them out again in December.

Until Tomorrow,

Athina

No comments:

Post a Comment